Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 8-10 tomatoes (preferably vine-ripened), de-seeded & chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
- Dried basil, to taste
- Olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken tenders or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Fresh basil, washed & chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- Pre-chop tomatoes & garlic and place together in large bowl. Mix in dried basil. Cover and refrigerate (Optional. I like to do this step during Parker's quiet time to save me some time and effort later).
- In large pan, cover bottom with olive oil. Add the tomato mixture and saute for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in chicken broth. Bring to boil then lower heat and simmer until tomatoes are mostly dissolved (20-30 minutes). Shortly before serving, add sugar, whipping cream, basil, salt & pepper.
- In the meantime, tenderize chicken, trim as necessary, salt & pepper both sides, & saute in separate pan with olive oil or canola oil (I prefer canola with this step just because it doesn't burn as easily) for 5 to 7.5 minutes on each side. Set aside and cut or tear into strips before adding to pasta mixture.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add chicken and sauce onto pasta and stir until pasta is covered.