Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This has been a tough day. Well, actually a tough week.

One of P's two-year molars finally started cutting through his gums. I think he actually feels better now, though.

He's had a yucky cold which has meant less sleep (for all of us) and lots of...
Boogers boogers everywhere,
Boogers boogers in our hair!

I'm trying hard to ward the cold off, but my throat has been sore and scratchy the last couple of days.

Dada's had to work late every night this week, and he's working Saturday. Poor guy.

I've mentioned this on Facebook, but I've been so puffy and bloated feeling from PMS that I've actually woken up in the middle of the night thinking about it, and mentally making up poems about it. Per my little sister's request, here are a couple of the silly poems I do remember from that night I woke up. They're haiku's for you.

Puffy hands and feet.
My face is full of pimples.
Stop torturing me!

P
ickles and ho-ho's,
My appetite's a bit strange.
Say, here comes Aunt flo!

Today I started my period (at least there's some relief from the PMS) after just finishing two weeks ago (my last period lasted two weeks).

I burned my right hand and wrist with a cup of tea this morning.

But, with God's help we're getting by (literally... I've been praying a lot and reading the Bible a lot for strength, patience, and encouragement). It has really helped. I can say that I've definitely had more patience this week than most. And there have, thankfully, been some great things that have happened this week, too! Here are some things I'm thankful for this week:

I'm thankful that the tough things this week have all been little things. There are WAY worse things that could be happening to us.

I'm thankful for the new books my parents sent for Parker. He LOVES them. And one of them, in particular, has just been the perfect metaphor for this week. It is a book of cute poems titled, "Oops!" Here's a sample poem from "Oops!"

FEVER ACHIEVER
I've got a thermometer in my mouth
because Mom says I'm sick. It
is better to have it north than south
(where she wanted to stick it!).

I'm thankful to have discovered our monthly house payment even with taxes, mello roos and association fees will be less than our current rent.

I'm thankful our air conditioning is working.

I'm thankful Parker has been doing so well with potty learning, even while not feeling his best.

I'm thankful Parker and I have found lots of reasons to giggle and laugh this week.

I'm thankful for my parents' generous gift into P's college fund (for no special reason than just because).

and I'm also thankful for all the cute moments we've had that I remembered to journal...

One morning I was reading my Bible and drinking my tea and Parker became very interested, of course, and kept coming over to see what I was reading. When I was done drinking my tea, I asked him if he wanted to pray with me. He was very excited about it and closed his eyes and folded his hands, as though he'd done it a thousand times. It was so cute. After our prayer and saying "Amen," he got off my lap and walked away saying something about Jesus. A few minutes later, he was asking to pray with me again, so this time I asked him to say the prayer. It was short and sweet and ended with an "Amen!"

Another time we were folding laundry and P-man picked up one of my bras and put it around one of his shoulders. Here was the ensuing conversation:

P: "I'm wearing Mama's underwear!"
Me: *laugh* "That's my bra."
P: "This goes on Mama's boobies."
Me: "Um, Yes. Yes it does."

One day Parker was playing with his "cool" orange car and he would get up and run a short distance saying, "I'll be right back." Then he'd pretend he was getting a tool from Dada's toolbox and would run back to the car and pretend to "fix the battery." He then started talking to me:

P: "He's got hash pipes!"
Me: "What?!?"
P: "Hash pipes."
Me: "Oh, exhaust pipes?"
P: "YES! Hash pipes."

We were out driving today and Parker pointed to a stop sign.

P: "P-O-T-S spells stop!"
Me: *laugh* "S-T-O-P spells stop, silly! You read it backwards!"


1 comment:

Sarah Soos said...

oh my gosh! he's so smart! and nice pms poem :P


Visit My Writing Blog

It's Couch Time!

It's Couch Time!
Check out books and movies Mamatoosi and others have been critiquing!