Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Spring in Winter

So many things to be thankful for this week, but the biggest thing I'm grateful for is this Spring in Winter weather! Spring is my favorite season... after about, what... maybe three weeks of "winter" here? Ha! So, here are some other things I'm grateful for this week, many of which I swear are a result of this weather!
  1. I'm grateful for a small boost in energy this week.
  2. I'm grateful for all our "adventure" walks.
  3. I'm grateful for yesterday's moment of sitting outside with Parker, making up silly songs together.
  4. I'm grateful for all the good naps this week *knock on wood*!
  5. I'm grateful for each day Parker's verbal skills keep growing and his funny little personality shines through... he can sing some songs all the way through... even if they're a little muddled, but it's so cute he remembers the order and everything. If we try to sing something out of order, he'll say, "no, no" and start singing the right verse. He's a very particular guy. Has to have things just so... I'd like to say he got that from his Dada, but who am I kidding? I'm so anal it even freaks me out sometimes. But the elephant memory... that's DEFINITELY from Jake. I can barely remember what I was doing 10 minutes ago!
  6. I'm grateful for the two times this week Parker told me he needed to use the potty. Once pee-pee, and once poo-poo. Wish he'd tell me every time, but we're letting him set the pace 'cause we don't want to push him before he's really ready (or maybe it's us not being ready)...
  7. And last but not least, I'm grateful to have a routine back in place. The lack of set routine from the holidays was really throwing me for a loop. (See... what'd I tell ya? Anal! Not that anyone's arguing that point...) :)

No comments:


Visit My Writing Blog

It's Couch Time!

It's Couch Time!
Check out books and movies Mamatoosi and others have been critiquing!