- I'm grateful that Jake has been home to help me take care of sick, extra needy, sleep-fighting Parker.
- I'm grateful that I've gotten in a couple of much needed naps this week.
- I'm grateful to have spent time with my family and that they traveled so far to see us.
- I'm grateful that I have family and friends that always seem to forgive me when I go crazy.
- I'm grateful that I've been humbled enough in the last couple of years to be able to accept help physically and financially that I would never have allowed myself to accept before.
- I'm grateful that the computers at the parking lot of my doctor's office malfunctioned and I didn't have to pay for parking on Monday.
- And last but not least, I'm grateful to live in an area that can bring beautiful weather even in January!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year everyone! Ours started out quite miserably. Parker woke up even earlier than usual which, even though I was tired, wasn't too big of a deal since I had been awake for awhile after having a stressful dream and a racing heart that I couldn't seem to calm down. I got up and was incredibly hungry and cranky but couldn't eat because I had to wait an hour after taking my thyroid medication. Parker has been sick the last couple of days and even though he's often whiney, it just seemed magnified today and I couldn't handle it. Fortunately, Jake managed to drag himself out of bed early and save Parker from my wrath. I gave myself a time out and then came back out to eat. Once the food settled in me and my blood sugar rose to a more normal level, the jittery road rage settled down and I felt a little better, though still exhausted. I have been dreading doing this blog today because I've had a hard time feeling grateful about anything! Jake took down all our Christmas decorations and cards today and just seeing our place looking so bare made me feel depressed. I took Parker out for a spin on his new tricycle and getting some fresh air revitalized me a little and let me think more positively about the things that have happened this week. So, here are a few things I thought about that have helped me feel better about trying to finish off the day with a (slightly) better attitude.